UNILEVER PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
Unilever takes your privacy seriously. The following principles guide our treatment of your personal information:
- We value the trust you place in Unilever when you share your personal information with us.
- We explain what information we collect, what we do with it and who we share it with.
- We will work with you to address your concerns about how we use your personal information.
- We will take steps to help keep your personal information secure and to help protect it.
Effective Date: January 17, 2019
“Personal Information” is information about a specific identifiable individual. Unilever collects Personal Information from you and about you as well as other information which does not identify you and is not Personal Information. You do not have to give us the Personal Information we ask for, but if you choose not to, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services if the information is necessary for us to do so, or we may not be able to provide as high quality service.
Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone/mobile number and email address.
- Payment Information. For example, if you buy something from us, we, or our third party payment processor, collect your credit card number and billing address.
- Information You Post. We may collect information you post on our Platform, such as through our Ratings & Reviews feature.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. With your consent, we may also collect information from your social media page(s), such as profile information and information posted on your page(s).
- Employment Information. If you apply for a job, we collect the information you include in your application. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer and your employment history.
- Information You Submit. We collect information you send us. For example, we collect information through our “Contact Us” page, if you call our consumer call centre, or send us a letter or email. We may also collect information when you enter a promotion. This may include the photos, videos and other user-generated content that you give us. We may keep records of your interactions with us, including through the Platform, and through in-store promotions.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and postal code. We may also collect information that could identify you and relates to your hobbies, likes, dislikes, interests and shopping behaviour.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device such as your computer or mobile phone. For example, we may collect the type of device you use with us. We may also collect your device identifier, IP address and information about your operating system.
- Location Information. With your consent, we may collect the precise location of your device. For example, this may include your exact location when you use our Platform. With your consent, we may also collect this information in the background when our mobile applications are not in use. For more information about your options, see the Choices section below.
- Medical Information. In rare cases, we may collect information relating to your health or a medical condition or incident you may have had with one of our products or services.
- Advertising Information. We may collect information about your interactions with our advertising, both on our Platform and other websites, and information about your use of our Platform. For example, we may count the number of clicks and views that our advertisements receive, learn whether you found our website by searching for it or if you were directed to it by an advertisement, learn whether you open any emails we send you, and determine which of our promotions, offers, and coupons you view and redeem. We may also learn which of our web pages you have viewed, the portions of our web pages you have viewed, how long you are on the page, and whether you viewed one of our products on the webpage of a retailer who sells it. For more information about your options, see the Choices section below.
- Usage Information. If you use our Platform, we may collect information about the browser or device you use. We might look at what site you came from, how long you stay on our Platform, what you look at, any errors you experience, response times on our Platform, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use one of our apps, we might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
Unilever collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information.
Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Purchase products or services through our Platform.
- Sign up to receive promotional communications.
- Request a sample.
- Join a loyalty or rewards program.
- Participate in one of our promotions, contests, surveys, or focus groups.
- Use our Ratings & Reviews function, or related services and features.
- Contact our Consumer Service team.
- Visit or use Unilever websites, call centres, in-store promotions, mobile apps, or social media pages.
- Apply for a job with us.
- Redeem one of our coupons.
Automatically. For example, when you:
- Install and use a Unilever mobile app.
- Visit our Platform on any device.
- Turn on location-based features on our Platform.
- Click on our links or advertisements.
We may also collect information about you over time and across our Platform and different websites, apps and devices when you use our Platform. We collect data about how you use our services and products, such as the types of content you view or engage with, or the frequency and duration of your activities. We collect this information using cookies and other tools (such as web analytic tools, beacons, and pixel tags). The types of information we may collect automatically include:
- Device Information
- Advertising Information
- Usage Information
- With your consent, Location Information
- your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+)
Third parties also collect information this way on our Platform.
From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including advertising networks, analytics vendors, retailers or other companies that sell our products, or co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media sites and applications, including without limitation, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram. The information we receive from social media sites may depend on your privacy settings on those sites. Your interactions with these sites are governed by their privacy statements. You should always review, and if necessary, change your privacy settings on third-party websites and services.
- Third party sites, including social media sites or retailer sites that allow you to integrate your third-party account with your Unilever account.
- Your family or friends who provide your information to us because they think you may be interested in our products and services or they want to share a product or service with you. If you provide us with the Personal Information of your friends or family, you must have their consent to do this.
- With your consent, from a healthcare provider like a doctor or dentist.
- Companies that provide information to enrich and supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases you have made offline or online and Usage Information. For example, this may include obtaining demographic information from third party suppliers that does not identify you, or necessarily relate to you, but that the we think may be relevant to you and your interests based on other information we hold about you compared with other people in your geographic area or demographic group. We may use this information to help tailor the information we provide to you. For more information about your options, see the Choices section below.
By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- To Provide Our Products and Services. We may use your Personal Information to fulfill your requests for products or services, and process your purchases or other transactions. This may include verifying your identity or determining your eligibility for some of our products, services and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your place of residence, determining if you are in a location that qualifies for a particular offer, or carrying out age verification checks to determine if you can access certain areas of our Platform or certain offers.
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your information to make our Platform, products and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us. We may use your information to learn about how you use our Platform, products and services, to analyze the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions and to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) Platform activity. We may use this information to help make the Platform easier to use and to better tailor the Platform and our products, services, offers, promotions, websites and communications to your interests and needs (e.g., by presenting content, ads or offers that are tailored to you). Some of our products include foods and personal care products and some of your concerns about them may be health-related. Some of our sites may include specific content or features related to health and lifestyle issues involving our products. We may use the information we collect in connection with this content or these features to understand your health concerns and to improve our products, services, or promotions. We may use information for internal training and quality assurance.
- To Understand You and Your Interests. We may use your information to better understand what products interest you. We may use your information to ensure that your concerns and questions are addressed, as well as to learn about your and our other customers’ interests and preferences. We may also use information about your allergies to provide you with ads and promotions for products which are relevant to your needs.
- To Respond to Your Requests, Needs, or Questions. We may respond to your feedback and will notify you if you are eligible to win a promotion. If you apply for a job we may use your information to evaluate your application. In some cases, we may need information about your health or medical condition or incident you had with one of our products or services. We may use this information to evaluate your condition or experience, and determine an appropriate response.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may use your information for a number of marketing purposes in different manners:
o We may use your information to serve you ads about products, offers, features and updates, both on our Platform, and on third party sites such as social media sites. These might be or include third party information we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications, for example, email or text messages.
o We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. We may use and share your Personal Information, Device Information, Advertising Information, and Usage Information with third parties (for example, advertisers, advertising agencies, advertising networks, social media sites, data exchanges, etc.) to deliver you tailored content on our Platform or other third party sites such as social media sites. Third parties may set and access their own cookies, clear gifs and other tracking technologies on your device in order to help us or these third parties deliver tailored material when you visit our Platform or third party sites based on predictions about your interests generated from your online activities across websites. We may match the Personal Information we hold with the information of third parties such as a retailer or social media platform, to better target you with advertising we think may be of interest to you.
o We may create profiles by analysing your Personal Information, Device Information, Advertising Information, and Usage Information, such as information about your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour and your interactions with our material by building segments (creating groups that have certain common characteristics) and by placing your information in one or more segments. These segments are used by Unilever to personalise our Platform and our communications to you (such as showing relevant content to you when you visit our site or in a newsletter), and to display relevant offers and advertisements from the Unilever brands on the Unilever sites, and third-party websites. The segments can also be used for third-party campaigns on the Unilever sites. Unilever profiles your data where you have provided consent for us to do so; for example, accepting the setting of cookies on your device or signing up for email newsletters from one of our brands.
o If you have agreed to provide us with your Location Information we may use it to provide you with offers that we think may interest you based on your location, such as a coupon for store you are in, or that we only offer in a particular area.
For more information about your choices related to marketing, and your ability to opt-out, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. We may use information to protect our company, Platform and consumers who use our products and services against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud and other illegal activity; and to audit compliance with Unilever’s policies, procedures, laws and contractual obligations.
- To Send Push Notifications. If you use our mobile apps, with your consent as may be required by law, we may send you push notifications about new products or special offers.
- ·With your consent, and as Otherwise Permitted or Required By Law.
We may share your information in the following ways:
- On our Platform. For example, we may display information you post on our Ratings & Reviews feature. We may also display information you submit in connection with a promotion. We may also display information you choose to make public, such as if you use an interactive feature such as posting comments, ratings, or other information. Remember that any content that you post publically can be seen by other users. Please do not include information about yourself (or anyone else) that you would not wish to share with the public in such posts.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services for us. For example, this may include advertising agencies and payment processors. It may also include companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a third party that co-sponsors a contest or promotion or a retailer we engage in promotional activity with. We may also share information with data aggregators, and processors, advertisers, media buying agencies, advertising networks and advertising service providers, for purposes including developing and carrying our joint or co-marketing programs and developing content/advertising that is more relevant to you.
- With a Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if Unilever merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another entity. This may include a sale, reorganization or other change of control.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You and to which You Consent.
Most of our Platform is intended for adults. From time to time, some parts of our Platform may be available to children under 13 ("Children"). When we knowingly collect, use or disclose the Personal Information of Children, we take steps to obtain consent from their parents or legal guardians. We also try to collect the least Personal Information from Children necessary in the context. Such Personal Information may include contact information, Demographic Information and Device Information. We use and disclose this information as indicated in "How Does Unilever Use Your Information?" and "How does Unilever Share Your Information?" In addition, in some cases Children may post information publically.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a Child who has provided us with Personal Information, you may review or delete your Children's Personal Information, and refuse further collection or use of your Children's Personal Information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and would like to review or delete your Child’s Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also contact us at the address or telephone number listed at the end of this Policy.
You have certain choices about how we use your Personal Information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing messages. Note that you may still receive our transactional messages, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries, as well as communications that the law requires or permits us to send. To opt out of receiving our marketing messages, you can contact us:
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org | | Call us at 1-888-568-7644 (Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM – 9:00 PM Eastern)
- Send us a letter at:
Consumer Services Contact Centre P.O. Box 38
Saint John, New Brunswick
E2L 3X1, Canada
- You can also opt-out of receiving Unilever promotional emails or text messages by following the instructions in these messages.
You Can Opt-Out of Behavioural Tracking and Advertising:
We use the AdChoices Program. The AdChoices Icon may appear on our Platform and on or around certain tailored advertisements that we (or third parties) show you based on your personal information, Site Usage Information and your other online activities (“Tailored Ads”). We follow the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising.
You may click on the AdChoices Icon to receive more information about Tailored Ads, the third parties that help us with Tailored Ads, and how to opt-out of certain Tailored Ads. Please note that even if you opt-out of Tailored Ads, you may still see advertisements about Unilever brands (such as ads related to the content of a webpage you are visiting or an online search, ads served randomly, or ads from third-parties that are not listed on the opt-out page). If you have opted-out and delete the cookies on your device, you will delete the opt-out indicator, and must opt-out a second time to remain opted out. For more information about Tailored Ads, visit YourAdChoices.ca.
The options you select are browser and device specific- you must opt-out for each browser and device you wish to opt-out on.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
If you have previously opted into Unilever collection and use of Location Information through our mobile applications, you may opt-out by changing the settings on your mobile device. You may opt-out of all Location Information collection by Unilever if you uninstall all Unilever mobile apps from your devices.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
Browser Do Not Track Tools:
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We are not currently able to respond to those signals.
It is your responsibility to protect any username and password you use on our Platform.
Your information may be processed or stored in or outside of Canada, including in the United States, the Netherlands, Ireland, other European Union Countries, and other countries. While your information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country in accordance with its laws.
This Platform is intended for use in Canada and is subject to the laws of Canada, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to ask us to correct it if you think it is wrong. If you would like to have access any of your Personal Information we control, or if you would like to have it removed or corrected, please contact us using the contact information below. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request; however, in some cases we may not be able to allow you to access certain Personal Information, for example if it contains Personal Information of other persons, or for legal reasons. We may require you to verify your identity before you access your Personal Information.
Our Platform may link to third party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for any third party site.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to access or correct your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com, or by telephone at 1-888-568-7644. You may also write to our Privacy Officer at the following address:
Consumer Services Contact Centre
P.O. Box 38
Saint John, New Brunswick
E2L 3X1, Canada