Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- We use this information collected through tracking technologies to provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising, recognize you across multiple devices, monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns of our visitors, and otherwise enhance our Platform and your user experience.
- Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking technologies, or to reject browser cookies. To control flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
- If you block cookies, certain features on our Platform may not work. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies and you may not be able to block non-cookie technologies (such as flash cookies) and these browser settings that block cookies may have no effect on such techniques. In addition, options you select relating to cookies and other tracking technologies are browser and device specific. You must exercise these choices on each browser and device you use.
We engage in interest-based advertising to deliver online advertising that may be more relevant to your interests. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about your use of our websites and Platform over time so that they may play or display ads on our Platform, on other websites, apps, or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) or hashed data with our third party advertising partners to help identify you across devices or serve you ads on social media sites you may use. We and our third party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
- To opt-out of or learn more about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to control the use of your personal information for interest-based advertising purposes, visit the bottom of any Unilever brand homepage that links to this Notice. Look for “AdChoices – Do Not Share or Sell” at the bottom of any Unilever brand homepage. This will take you to a tool which will allow you to opt out of certain online advertising and tracking activities.
- Some advertising opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. Furthermore, the options you select relating to interest-based advertising are browser and device specific. If you use a different device, change browsers, or visit a different Unilever brand website or delete the opt-out cookies, you may need to perform the opt-out task again.
- You may also be able to limit certain interest-based mobile advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting "limit ad tracking" (iOS) or "opt out of interest-based ads" (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
Google Analytics and Advertising:
We use Google Analytics to better understand how our users interact with our Platform. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the Doubleclick advertising cookie) or other third party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences or by vising NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. While we continue to evaluate this evolving technology, we do not currently respond to those signals. However, you can opt-out of such tracking directly on the Platform by following the steps noted in the Interest-Based Advertising section above. If you have questions, please contact us via one of the methods listed in the “How to Contact Us” section at the end of this Policy.
- If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop and some features of our Platform may not be available.
- Options you select are browser and device specific.